The test kit contains everything required to perform one test — including sample collection container and disposable pipette. Test any water system for Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1), including hot and cold water systems and industrial and domestic water systems.
- The sensitivity of the test is 100,000 CFU/L
- The test detects Viable-But-Non-Culturable Bacteria and Legionella SG1 in all stages of its life-cycle.
- No need to measure or dilute solutions.
- Provides straightforward results, on site, within 25–35 minutes.
- The test is simple to use, no interpretation required.
- The test facilitates immediate understanding and response to system water conditions and safety.
- The test helps minimize delays and downtime and reduces the risk of outbreaks, fines and litigation.
- Regular use increases confidence in Legionella controls.
OnSite Legionella Testing’s Direct Water Test uses Lateral Flow Immunochromatographic Assay (LFICA) technology to detect the presence of cell surface antigens from Legionellabacteria. It uses Legionella antibodies, tagged with red nanoparticles, which bind to any bacteria found in the sample and make them visible on a line on the device. The test works just like a pregnancy test – one line indicates a negative result and two lines indicate a positive result.
Alternative versions of the test for specialist applications are also available.