- The kit contains all the items required to perform 1 test.
- The test detects Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 (LpSG1).
- The sensitivity of this test is 200 CFU per swabbed area.
- The test detects Viable-But-Non-Culturable Bacteria and Legionella SG1 in all stages of its life-cycle.
- Provides straightforward results, on-site, within 25–35 minutes.
- The test helps to minimize delays and downtime.
- Regular use increases confidence in Legionella controls.
- No need to measure or dilute solutions.
- The test is simple to use, no interpretation is required.
OnSite Legionella Testing’s Swab Test uses Lateral Flow Immuno chromatographic Assay (LFICA) technology to detect the presence of cell surface antigens from Legionella bacteria. It uses Legionella antibodies, tagged with red nanoparticles, which bind to any bacteria found in the sample and make them visible on a line on the device. The test works just like a pregnancy test – one line indicates a negative result and two lines indicate a positive result.